Monday, August 20, 2007

flavours of my world


And sooo.. new urban life has started!! At my place!!!!! Woooohooo! Tell you, this is really cool because my urban life is just a level down my room. HAHAHAHA! It is really an honor to serve in the core team and to reach out to our members at a whole new level.

And besides having uni on weekdays, I am also busy on:
Alternate Tuesday, DNA course at Melb High
Alternate Thursday, Urban Life at my place
Alternate Thursday (non UL week), Core Team meeting at peggen’s
Every Saturday, handing in New People Team Report

Things are going well and as usual, assignments are running towards me and august is coming to an end soon. Nevertheless, I still make time off for God, boyfriend, friends and swimming (yes!) For the first time, I am actually in-charge of offering message this coming Thursday! Being a Christian for a year and a half has been such an incredible journey with all my fellow sisters and brothers; with so much growth in each of us and with one revelation after another. God always allows me to explore the things around me, allow people to speak into my life and allowing them to help me define my faith in certain ways. I was asking bb this question “have you ever wondered why God brought us together?” He said that question has never crossed his mind and currently has no answer to that yet but I told him that I believe God put us together to change me; to test my patience, controlling my anger and tolerance, opening up my heart to gladly accepts all opinion of others, and of course to teach and to lead me. I am astonished by how he can actually affect me; in a good way of course. =)

Something to share: One of the most precious gifts He has given us is the ability to remember. There are plenty of hurts and disappointments in life that we should forget. But good memories become a treasure chest of priceless reminders of relationships shared and joys experienced. He gives us cherished memories. Cling to them when sorrows come.

Never let today’s burden erase yesterday’s blessing.

And Mandy's version of "umbrella", enjoy! *Lyrics



Have a great week ahead!

with love,
Ashley

No comments: